2013 Scion FR-S Abnormal Chirp Squeak – TSB
Toyota has released a technical service bulletin for the 2013 Scion FR-S to address an abnormal noise coming from the car’s high pressure fuel pump assembly. Read on if your vehicle is making a strange noise.
The TSB (S-SB-0023-12) pertains to “some vehicles may exhibit a high pitch chirp or squeak noise from the High Pressure Fuel Pump Assembly when the engine is fully warmed up and idling.”
It applies to Scion FR-S models with the production change effective VIN number of JF1ZNAA1#D#709026.
The fix is covered as part of Toyota’s Powertrain Warranty of 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first from the vehicle’s in-service date. And this warranty repair only covers this bulletin.
- In order to repair the vehicle, first test drive it for 10 minutes to make sure the engine is warmed up.
- While the engine is idling, listen for any abnormal sounds that may be coming from the high pressure fuel pump assembly. Note that a mechanical ticking sound is normal and you are really listening for a high pitch chirp or squeak nose.
- If the car presents this abnormal sound, replace the high pressure fuel pump assembly with a new part.
- Confirm the repair by following the prior procedures.
With any repair like this, it is recommended that you visit your local Toyota service department to have their trained technicians complete the work.
Have you had this issue? Was it resolved with the replacement part? Let us know by commenting below.
Search Terms Used To Find This Post:
- 2014 Scion FRS service does bulletin
- high pressure fuel pump assembly scion frs
- scion fr-s weird sound under car
- scion frs chirping fix